Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Belated Lovely

On the Road

A few weeks ago, we spent the day at one of my favorite places on earth. I had so many pictures to edit and share during the month of May, that I never managed to finish sorting the photos from this lovely outing. Maybe it is because I am always disappointed in the pictures I take whenever we visit this spot. I don't know if it is the dappled sunlight (impossible for me to capture beautifully 'on film'), or if the greens don't look right, or if it is just so magical being there, that nothing can do it justice. You can't hear the sound of the water rushing over the rocks, or feel the sunlight flickering on your skin, or smell the dampness in the air. You just have to be there. Or maybe it is the fact that I have been there, every year since I can remember. Are things from your childhood larger than life? Maybe this spot is like that for me.

It is still taking me forever to finish up these photos, so I'll start with our drive. Luke spent the whole time with his little head out of the window, feeling the wind rush by, gazing upon the scenery, and closing his eyes to experience the flashes of light as we drove through shade, to sun, to shade, and to sun again. The drive is half the fun.

View on the Drive

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. these two photos are gorgeous. isn't it amazing that we think our own state is amazing (i live in michigan) and when we see photos of another state and its beauty, we want to go there to experience that lovely?

thanks for sharing these gorgeous photos.

jamie

Karin Katherine said...

your photography is amazing. What a legacy and a gift.

TSHAA said...

Beautiful pictures as always. I hope to one day be as good as you are at capturing these kinds of moments!