Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Tour Continues...

Indian Caves

The Mining/Frontier Town is quite nice. Unfortunately, I spent my time looking for Luke rather than posing with Abraham Lincoln (a living, breathing 'Abe', no less), sliding down the fort slide, and checking out the other entertainment. We did manage to spend a bit of time in the Indian caves. I don't know how I missed getting a photo of the large teepee, but the center photo above shows the tunnel entrance inside the teepee. It heads underground and meets up with the Indian caves. I remember spending an afternoon running through the cave maze when I was in grade school!

The Haunted House is a scary one. Beware!!

Haunted House

A frontier town isn't complete without a log ride through the mill.

Log Ride

If you are a ride kind-of-person (like Luke and myself), don't miss the bobsled ride. I particularly love the true forest atmosphere...

Bobsled Ride

(We didn't see the play in the amphitheater this time around, and I'll post photos of the little kid rides later...)

The Old World Village is quite picturesque. Lots of little things of interest. This was my first time on the new ride, Challenge of Mondor. (Similar to the Buzz Lightyear ride at Disney).

Medieval Town

We never miss the water and light show in the old tavern. I loved it as a kid, and my boys were mesmerized. Leif watched it four times with Daddy...

Water Fountain Show

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The water/light show is my favorite!
~Tera

Julie Pennick said...

Heidi, thank you for showing pictures of EF. My family loves visiting there, though our last trips back to Oregon have been in the late fall after they've closed for the season. We had the pleasure of meeting Mrs. Tofte several years ago. Thanks for bringing a bit of Oregon culture to us in Virginia.
Julie Pennick

thebookbaglady said...

It's so fun to get a recent peek into the Enchanted Forest. I grew up near that place and have so many fun memories! We haven't been for a handful of years now, but our kids have some fun memories of adventures there as well. Thanks for sharing!