Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

I partied for the past three days and now…

art of rhetoric

…I have a hangover.

Ha!

Truly, though, I think I talked more in the past three days than I have at any other point in my life. I was officially speaking and leading discussion roughly 5 hours a day, but “on” for conversation, questions, and socializing for about 12-13 hours a day. Those who know me well know I like to talk, but for this introvert that’s A LOT of socializing.

Rather than travel back and forth to this Classical Conversations practicum (about 1.5-2 hours each way), I stayed with a local family (thanks for your hospitality, Andrea!). I missed having Russ along for moral and technical support, but it was nice that the kids stayed home and I was able to embrace the speaking experience without having to juggle parenting duties at the same time.

After chocolate, Dr. Pepper, ibuprofen, and a SILENT drive home, I was ready to love on my family and go straight to bed. I confess, I’ve spent a couple extra hours there (bed) today, as well.

Next week I will have sufficiently recovered and will enthusiastically embrace the summer ahead!

(Thanks to my friend Maricel for capturing the above photo.)

No comments: